Yes, Bingo at the Comedy Festival - we actually play. This show is a lot of fun and there are always lots of laughs. It is also very relaxed. You can chat while you play. It can get a bit noisy as the excitement rises. Generally the kids are trying their best to win prizes, Then there are lots of laughs for the adults especially if you get involved (it's hard to avoid). Heckling is encouraged - it can get a bit like a pantomime. Jes loves questions - these can often lead to laughs.
I have booked the Co-op Sports and Social Club in Birstall for 11th February 2022. I have a social distancing seating plan which allows for a 2 metre gap between family groups. In this big hall this could still enable around 70 people to safely gather. There will be no rush to be seated or leave the hall.
The following will make the event as safe as possible:
Hand sanitising on entry and exit.
Face masks preferred but optional - unless you're having a drink or a sneaky snack.
I used these rules at the Edinburgh Fringe 2021 event indoors and still had as much fun as in 2019.
This show is the show I use at local schools, the WI and local communities. It is a family show. There are lots of prizes causing lots of excitement. The show will be even better if guests also bring prizes.
If you do bring an extra prize you will get an extra bingo game card. If everyone brings a prize the game will be much more exciting because there will be lots of wins. Dont worry I will supply loads and loads of prizes just in case people dont have time to sort out bringing one.
We like it to be as interactive as possible. To encourage this we have lots of variations on the Bingo theme:
Variations we like:
1. Play-offs! If two people call at the same time they will have to play-off
2. Your Bingo Lingo. Tell me a phrase for you favourite number and I'll try to use it. E.g. 58 - "Granny's birthday".
3. "Open the prize!" You may get to open your prize so the whole audience can see. Or just show everyone if you want to.
4. Moving On. Sometimes you just need one more number but the game needs to move to the next level. But we could haggle on having a few more numbers at this level.
5. Your variations...let us know and we will use them in the show! Last year a keen young player told us how he likes to stand up when he's only got one number to get. Now we play that in the show - it increases the tension.