41 APFB shows took place in Edinburgh 2021. Over 2,000 people came to these shows. It ran for the full length of the fringe. Lots of people brought wrapped prizes and received their extra free tickets. We started off with a capacity of 57 and allowed that to rise to 70 once covid restrictions were reduced. The show was in the large hall at Lauriston Halls - a lovely airy room. We received 11 customer reviews (see Customer Reviews tab). Thank you to those reviewers.
Nine APFB shows took place in Edinburgh 2019. This was an experiment to see if bingo could work at the Fringe. We used the small hall. There were 3 shows where the room was full beyond capacity (40). The other shows where 80%+ full. Approx 5 people brought wrapped prizes and received their extra free tickets. One person brought 5 extra prizes and claimed 5 extra tickets. During the 9 days all continents were represented. Approximately 30 to 40 prizes were won each session. It was hectic. The star prize each day was a Molymod Molecular Model Kit kindly donated by Molymod Ltd.
This show is the show I use at local schools, the WI and local communities. It is a family show. It's a lot of fun because I ask everyone to bring a small wrapped prize. It doesn't have to cost more than a pound. It could even be an unwanted christmas present or something from the back of you cupboard. One slight problem is that some people wont see this website and there is no space in the Edinburgh Catalog to describe the wrapped prize idea. So you dont have to bring a prize but if you do you will get an extra bingo ticket. If everyone brings a prize the game will be much more exciting because there will be lots of wins. Dont worry I will supply loads and loads of prizes just in case people dont have time to sort out bringing one.
We like it to be as interactive as possible. To encourage this we have lots of variations on the Bingo theme:
Variations we like:
1. Play-offs! If two people call at the same time they will have to play-off
2. Your Bingo Lingo. Tell us a phrase for you favourite number and we'll use it (maybe). E.g. 58 - "Granny's birthday".
3. "Open the prize!" You may get to open your prize so the whole audience can see
4. Moving On. Sometimes you just need one more number but the game needs to move to the next level. But we could haggle on having a few more numbers at this level.
5. Your variations...let us know and we will use them in the show!